Activities & Clubs
From chess to our Outdoor Leadership Program, Medieval Times to mural painting, our Activity period allows students to explore their talents and interests, and even discover new ones. The Activity period is built into our weekly schedule, with more than 30 activities offered each quarter. Students can stick with a beloved activity all year or switch it up every nine weeks.
We find activity periods to be an integral part of shaping a well-rounded student. So much so, that "Activities" is one of our Five A's.
Clubs and organizations are a great way for students to take part in group interests, while also becoming independent, engaged students who contribute to the community.
Below is a sampling of Sandia Prep's extensive activity and club offerings.
- ACT Prep
- Beautify the School
- Computer Games
- DirtDevils (school gardening)
- Empower Prep
- Gaga Ball
- Helping Hands Community Service
- La Chispa (Student Literary Magazine)
- Medieval Times
- Mock Trial
- Model United Nations
- Mountain Bike Club
- Native American Sandia Prep Alliance
- Needle Art
- Outdoor Leadership Program
- Portfolio Building
- Sandia Prep Times Newspaper
- Spanish Model United Nations (El Modelo Naciones Unidas)
- Speech and Debate
- Student Government Association
- Student Relations Group (SuRGe)
- Study Hall
- Supercomputing Challenge
- Tech Theater
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Weight Training
- World Language Alliance
- Yoga and Meditation