Our Mission and Vision
At Sandia Prep, we will inspire our students to discover their purposes in the world by:
- Developing essential skills and intellectual potential through challenging academics;
- Cultivating a socially responsible environment of innovation and creativity; and
- Engaging as a vibrant community for the betterment of society.
Engineering and Coding Program
Beginning in middle school and continuing through senior year, students build on a foundation of basic engineering concepts and coding, progressing to mechatronics and more complex strings of code.
Through Sandia Prep’s Outdoor Leadership Program (OLP), your student will experience adventures that allow them to know and appreciate the outdoors while learning problem-solving, teamwork, planning, and leadership skills that will last a lifetime.
Odyssey Scholars Program
This two-year capstone program targets students who desire an in-depth study in a particular academic or artistic area, challenging them academically, intellectually, and creatively.
This senior course develops an entrepreneurial mindset and teaches problem-solving skills essential to a student’s success in life. Students work with local entrepreneurs who present real-world business problems. Working in teams, students devise original concepts for a business and pitch their solutions “Shark Tank”-style to real investors.
Our Center for Learning Excellence offers academic services to meet the individual needs and learning styles of all students. Our philosophy is that all attending students should be afforded opportunities to succeed academically.
Community is one of Sandia Prep’s greatest strengths. We welcome students with diverse learning needs and understand the complexity and mutual benefit of being a truly inclusive school. Our culture of kindness is integral to who we are and what we do, every single day.
We offer an abundance of performing and visual arts at every grade level, including a comprehensive middle school theater program. From Dance to Jazz Band and Clay to Photography, we encourage students to nourish their creativity and to appreciate their own and others’ creations.
Under our “no-cut” philosophy, if a student attends practices, that student will play on a team. Our inclusive program is led by a renowned coaching staff that produces state champions - 56 titles and counting!
Individualized College Counseling
- Our College Counseling Department works one-on-one with students and their families beginning in the ninth grade.
- We help your student find and be admitted to the best colleges and universities suited to his/her goals.
- We help your student secure financial aid and scholarships for college.
- After graduation, your graduate can count on Sandia Prep's assistance through college, graduate school, and career.
The Prep Community
Accreditation and Membership
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS)
- Association of College Counselors in Independent Schools (Founding Member)