More than 70% of students play on 53 teams in 21 sports.
Athletics & physical education are an important part of Sandia Prep's well-rounded approach. All 6th through 9th grade students take physical education classes as part of a regular schedule. We also encourage SPS students to participate in our active team sports program.
Sandia Prep has a special “no-cut” philosophy concerning sports: If a student attends practices, that student is able to play on a team. We look for teamwork, individual skill improvement, and good sportsmanship in our athletes. This unique "no-cut" policy allows our students to enjoy a wide range of athletic opportunities – and we are proud to have earned numerous championship titles!
- Middle School Athletics
- Upper School Athletics
- This Week's Games
- Sandia Prep Apparel
- Athletic Forms and Downloads
Beginning in 6th grade, students may participate in:
Beginning in 8th grade, students may participate in:
All sports offered to 6th and 7th grade students, as well as,
Swim & Dive
All 8th grade Sandia Prep students are eligible to participate in upper school athletics, at any level of competition (freshman, c-team, junior varsity, or variety) provided they receive approval from the Sandia Prep Athletic Director and the NMAA. View the NMAA 8th Grade Participation at High School Level Form
Sandia Prep's inclusive no-cut athletic program led by a renowned coaching staff produces state champions.
Recent Prep athletic accolades include:
- 2017 4A Girls Soccer State Championship
- 2015, 2016 4A Baseball State Championships
- 2016, 2017 4A Volleyball State Championships
- 2017 UDA National Championship in All Star Senior Kick category
- 2016 Dance State Runner-Up
- Coach Paul Huitt (baseball) nominated for 2017 National Coach of the Year by National High School Athletic Coaches
- Cat Kelly '18 named 2017 Gatorade State Player of the Year
Athletic Director & Physical Education Department Chair