Sandia Prep’s college counseling program is individualized and student-centered.
Typically, 100% of Sandia Prep graduates enroll in a four-year college or university, and our counselors work diligently one-on-one and in group settings to help students and their families understand the complex process of planning for and applying to college.
While each student is assigned a primary college counselor in December of junior year, information regarding the college admissions process is offered at each grade level – 9th through 12th grade. Helping freshmen understand the importance of their early academic work and selecting the appropriate courses; providing opportunities for sophomores to explore their aptitudes and abilities as they relate to career options and future college choices; and holding on-going individual meetings with juniors and seniors are a few of the many components of our college counseling program.
Additionally, the college counseling office provides assistance with financial aid and information on scholarships. Last year our students accepted more than $250,000 of roughly $1 million in merit scholarships awarded.
- Foundations of College Counseling at Prep
- Class of 2016 Matriculation
- Colleges Visiting Sandia Prep
- College Counseling Events/Important Dates
- Useful Resources
- On-going one-on-one student and family meetings Junior and Senior years
- Assistance with Course Selection
- Naviance College and Career Program access
- Career and Self-Exploration Activities
- Sophomore, Junior and Senior Information Presentations for Students and Families
- Tri-School Symposium – 25 colleges and universities speak on college related topics; mini college fair
- Student Meetings with more than 100 college admissions representatives who visit Sandia Prep
- Financial Aid Presentation – Partnership with New Mexico Educational Assistance Foundation
- Application Workshops – Common App, Apply Texas, University of California
- Case Studies Workshop
- College Essay Writing Workshops
- Access to Naviance Counseling Software Program - Both Student and Family
- Diagnostic Assessment – Determine ACT or SAT
- PSAT 10 and Pre-ACT
- ACT Prep Activity
- ACT Prep Course
- ACT Test offered in October and April at Prep