Published School History
Transitions and Legacy - SPS at 50, also written by former SPS archivist and faculty member Lou Liberty, was published as a supplement to Constant Possum in 2010.
Copies of these books are available through Sandia Prep. To receive a copy, please contact the Sandia Prep Alumni Affairs Office at 505.338.3021.
The Original Sandia School
In 1937, the school moved to a new permanent campus (now part of Kirtland Air Force Base). Mrs. Simms commissioned architect John Gaw Meem to design the school complex in the territorial style. By 1938, the school had 75 students, nine of whom were boarders, and 18 faculty. In 1942, due to World War II, SandÃa School closed. A number of alumnae from the first SandÃa School actively participated in the organization of the current Sandia Prep School.