The future goes to Sandia Prep.
Balance - our core value.
Community - who we are.
At Sandia Preparatory School we provide remarkable opportunities for intellectual and personal growth within a challenging and balanced program for students in grades 6 - 12. Our innovative college prep curriculum prepares students for success in college and beyond, and inspires each to find and achieve his or her purpose in the world. As an independent private school, Sandia Prep is free to let passionate teachers create rich educational experiences that meet each student's individual needs and to offer the academic and co-curricular programs that best serve our students.
Why Sandia Prep?
- 100% graduation rate with all grads accepted to college
- 7:1 student - teacher ratio
- Earned an A+ rating and recognized as a top private school in New Mexico
- Truly small class sizes with an average of 15 students per class
- Engineering & coding program
- Vast middle school arts and sports
- Recognized as one of the safest campuses in Albuquerque
- Comprehensive visual and performing arts at all grade levels
- No-cut athletics produce state champions
- Bus service to and from NE Heights & Westside
- More than a campus. We're a community.
Our Mission & Vision
The joy of learning and living is at the center of all we do. Sandia Preparatory School provides remarkable opportunities for intellectual and personal growth within a challenging and balanced program. As an extension of our families, Sandia Prep's diverse community inspires students to find their academic focus, talents and creativity.
At Sandia Prep, we will inspire our students to discover their purposes in the world by:
- Developing essential skills and intellectual potential through challenging academics;
- Cultivating a socially responsible environment of innovation and creativity; and
- Engaging as a vibrant community for the betterment of society.
Our Five A's
Sandia Prep Fast Facts
|Key Sandia Preparatory School Facts|
|Student-TeacherRatio||7 to 1|
|Average class size||15|
|Endowment||$6.38 million (as of 12.31.16)|
|Tuition||$21,950 including fees (for 2017-2018)|
|Financial Aid||40% of students received financial aid (2017-2018)|
|Diversity||47% identify themselves as students of color (2017-2018)|
|No-Cut Athletics||>72% of students participate; 404 students played on 53 teams in 21 sports (2016-2017)|
|Community Service||90% of students participate in this voluntary, student-led and student directed program|
Individualized College Counseling
- Our nationally renowned counselors work one-on-one with students and their families beginning in the ninth grade.
- We help your student find and be admitted to the best colleges and universities suited to his/her goals.
- We help you student secure financial aid and scholarships for college.
- After graduation, your graduate can count on Sandia Prep's assistance through college, graduate school, and career.
The Prep Community
- Our mission emphasizes the importance of parental involvement. At Prep, parental involvement is not only welcomed, it is encouraged.
- We are one SPS "family" - students, parents, and faculty focused on one goal: each student's success.
Accreditation and Membership
- National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
NAIS certifies that the Independent School Association of the Southwest (ISAS), a member of the Commission on Accreditation, has voluntarily submitted to a rigorous and impartial review of its accreditation program and demonstrated its adherence to the Criteria for Effective Independent School Accreditation Practices. NAIS commends ISAS and confirms its confidence in the quality of the association's accreditation program for its independent schools.
- Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS)
- Association of College Counselors in Independent Schools (Founding Member)
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education
- Independent Curriculum Group (Founding Member)
- National Association for College Admission Counseling
- New Mexico Association of Non-Public Schools