The future goes to Sandia Prep.
Academics is our top priority, balance is our core value, and community makes us who we are.
At Sandia Preparatory School we provide remarkable opportunities for intellectual and personal growth within a challenging and balanced program for students in grades 6 - 12. Our innovative college prep curriculum prepares students for success in college - and beyond - and inspires each to find and achieve his or her purpose in the world. As an independent school, Sandia Prep is free to let passionate teachers create rich educational experiences that meet each student's individual needs - and to offer the academic and co-curricular programs that best serve our students.
- Our Mission & Vision
- Our Five A's
- Advanced Curriculum
- Individualized College Counseling
- Sandia Prep Fast Facts
- The Prep Community
- Accreditation and Membership
- Non-discriminatory Policy
- Employment Opportunities
The joy of learning and living is at the center of all we do. Sandia Preparatory School provides remarkable opportunities for intellectual and personal growth within a challenging and balanced program. As an extension of our families, Sandia Prep's diverse community inspires students to find their academic focus, talents and creativity.
At Sandia Prep, we will inspire our students to discover their purposes in the world by:
- Developing essential skills and intellectual potential through challenging academics;
- Cultivating a socially responsible environment of innovation and creativity; and
- Engaging as a vibrant community for the betterment of society.
- We prize our independence too highly to ask our teachers to use a curriculum based on standardized tests.
- Our teachers offer a wide variety of advanced classes that allow for more intense, in-depth study.
- Our classes are equivalent or more rigorous than honors courses in the public sector - and more comparable to advanced college courses.
- Our unique program is designed to develop critical thinkers, creative problem-solvers, and collaborative leaders.
- Our nationally renowned counselors work one-on-one with students and their families beginning in the junior year.
- We will help your student find and be admitted to the best colleges and universities suited to his or her needs and goals.
- We will help you student secure financial aid and scholarships for college.
- After graduation, your graduate can count on Sandia Prep's assistance through college, graduate school, and career.
|Key Sandia Preparatory School Facts|
|Student-Teacher Ratio||7 to 1
|Average class size||15|
|Endowment||$5.6 million (as of 12.31.15)|
$21,600 including fees (for 2016-2017)
|Financial Aid||Total aid awarded $2.67 (2015-2016)
38% of students receive financial aid
|Diversity||46% identify themselves as students of color (2015-2016)|
>75% of students participate; 478 students played on 53 teams in 21 sports (2015-2016)
|Community Service||90% of students participate in this voluntary program, which is student-led and student-directed|
Sandia Prep is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS) and the New Mexico Department of Education. Sandia Prep is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
NAIS certifies that the Independent School Association of the Southwest (ISAS), a member of the Commission on Accreditation, has voluntarily submitted to a rigorous and impartial review of its accreditation program and demonstrated its adherence to the Criteria for Effective Independent School Accreditation Practices. NAIS commends ISAS and confirms its confidence in the quality of the association's accreditation program for its independent schools.
Sandia Prep admits students of any sex, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation in administering its educational policies, admission policies, financial aid programs or other school-administered programs.